Table of Contents
What do you do after a big meal? Although we all think a lot about what goes on in our gut, we may not realize that many of our bad habits after eating have their roots in the gut. Even if you eat a healthy diet, what you eat after a meal can have a negative impact on your health. Your diet plays an important role in your overall health and how you feel after eating. If you are wondering why you are unhealthy and can’t lose weight despite eating healthy food, you may be making the following mistakes.
The Damage 7 things you should do after Meal dinner to stay healthy:
1. Heavy Gymming and Exercising :
“The body uses a lot of energy to digest food, so vigorous exercise draws blood from the stomach and makes digestion more difficult,” says nutritionist Anju Sood. It is important to give your body time to digest food before heavy exercise. For easy digestion, travel snacks are a great way to go.
2. Smoking :
I’ll give you a cigarette and kick your ass. Smoking after dinner is bad for health. Nutritionist Anju Sood says, “Nicotine in cigarettes keeps oxygen in the blood and is absorbed quickly during digestion. This not only affects lung health but also digestion.” . . . If you are looking for another reason to quit smoking, this is for you.
3. Drinking Tea :
Drink a cup of tea It’s natural to want a fresh cup of tea after dinner. Tea, especially black tea, contains tannins that affect the body’s ability to absorb iron. This can lead to poor absorption of nutrients from foods, especially if they are high in iron. To avoid this effect, it is recommended that you wait 30 minutes after eating and drink the delicious mixture.
4. Taking a Bath: Shower While it may be tempting to take a relaxing shower after a big meal, it may not be the best choice. When you take a bath, blood starts flowing from the stomach to other parts of the body, which slows down digestion. It is better to wash before eating.
5. NappingInstant fruits are undoubtedly healthy, but they require different enzymes for digestion than other foods. If you eat fruit right after a meal, the fiber cannot be properly digested. For good digestion and maximum nutritional value from fruit, consider eating it as a separate snack between meals or at least 30 minutes before your main meal.
6. Consuming Fruits Immediately :
Free yourself from feelings of guilt. Finally, don’t feel guilty about your food choices. Getting angry about what you’ve eaten can cause you to withdraw and overeat, which is bad for your physical and mental health. Instead, focus on healthy food choices and learn to respect them.
Also Read: Do You Bloat After Every Meal? Top 5 Post-Meal Remedies Now that we’ve covered post-meal tips, let’s take a look at some of the best ways you can improve digestion and overall health. You can ask for help. In a post on his Instagram account, nutritionist Samrat Kathuria shared some post-meals to follow.
- Keep calm and relax: Don’t beat yourself up over your favorite foods. Instead, learn to be reasonable and respectful.
- Walking: A light walk 30 minutes after a meal speeds up digestion and helps regulate blood sugar levels. This is an easy way to help your body digest food.
- Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks can fill the digestive tract with carbon dioxide and cause bloating. Choose plain water or herbal tea to stay hydrated.
- Stop: Lie down or sleep immediately after eating, as this can slow down digestion and increase acidity. Exercise slowly or sit up straight to aid digestion.
Go ahead and enjoy a good meal, but be mindful of what you eat afterwards to live a healthy life.